Search This Blog And The Jewish Web

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Can a Sinner Pray to G-d?





I got this From Chabad.org



By Tzvi Freeman

Question:

I don't feel that that I have any right to pray to G-d. I'm not religious at all. Over the years, I've committed many sins. Since I've turned against G-d and transgressed His commandments, how can I approach Him in Prayer?

Answer:

Each morning, when we wake up, we say in our prayers, "My G-d, the soul You gave me is pure..."

No matter what you do with your life, your soul remains pure. Even at the time you are committing the worst crime, your soul screams inside like a captive woman, remaining faithful to her Beloved Above.

And now you want to take away from her that last opportunity to scream out loud for help?

No comments:

Post a Comment